Snr UEGame Developer
Skill UP aims to be the best quality XR-based training platform in the world.
We constantly strive to build the highest quality content and increase the ability and skill of as many people around the world as possible.
We are a young and dynamic team growing rapidly and we only want to work with the best people. We operate fully remotely for most of our positions and our culture allows everyone to balance their lives and do their best work.
Snr Game Developer Job Responsibilities:
- Develops and maintains tools in Unreal
- Builds, improve and maintain scalable Blueprints
- Develops workflows and tools to seamlessly transfer data from 3D software to Unreal
- Develops engine tools to aid both artist and developer workflows
- Leverages current technology, research, and development trends to innovate and advance the internal technologies
- Designs, implements, and releases state-of-the-art components and applications for mission-critical, high-performance, and globally distributed systems
- Writes technical briefs and user documentation
- Partners with production management to identify and schedule tasks
Expected working hours:
- None. Just don’t miss your deadlines, meetings, and consistently deliver your best.
…I’m serious, we don’t have a clock in and out time.
- Knowledge of Perforce file management tool.
- Comfortable working in small group environments to accomplish larger tasks.
- Self-driven, capable of working well under deadlines.
Skills and Qualifications:
- BSc Comp Sci or similar
- Programming Languages:
- Experience with restful services and APIs
- 5 years of experience in building games in Unreal Engine
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum five (5) years of advanced experience with C++ in the games/animation industry producing production-quality code
- Minimum five (5) years of Unreal experience building, debugging and supporting complex setups in Unreal
- Bachelor‘s Degree or equivalent experience in animation or gaming industry
- A thorough understanding of real-time rendering workflows
- Strong understanding of content structure and management of C++ code bases with the ability to quickly learn existing code bases
- Good level of debugging skills, with the ability to perform profiling and optimization
- In-depth knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 blueprint logic and gameplay logic assemblies
- Is able to put together high-quality production code for both single and multiplayer games. Understanding of sound programming practices
- Practical problem-solving applicable to 3D game/animation development
- In-depth knowledge of at least one of the following areas: Engine, Gameplay, Rendering, Multiplayer
Advantages to working at Skill UP:
This is a majority remote-based company, we have an office in Johannesburg, South Africa, but you can work wherever you like. If you are happy where you are, we’re happy to keep you there.
We respect each other, and our own processes and give each other enough space. We always look for people who take initiative and want to be involved in growing their skills every day. We respect your time, and we expect you to respect ours. Everyone is accountable to each other and together the impossible is nothing.
We have a big goal and huge ambitions for Skill UP and how we want to bring VR and gamified learning to as many people as we can.
The future needs a better workforce and we want to be some of the people who do it. Learning and developing new skills easily and more accessible to more people is just good for humanity.
We need better, more skilled people all over the world. Knowledge pulls people from poverty and helps us all. We believe XR will be the next medium to accelerate learning and we want people who share our vision, appreciate their homes and space, love the work they do, make a positive impact on the world and find true fulfilment to apply only.
Copyright 2023 New Reality. All Rights Reserved.